Wednesday, April 6, 2011

624

Today we have another finely crafted article by Friend of the 800 Days from Canada - the infamous Kimberly Gray. As a note for readers who have asked me - I would like to quickly explain something about the guest writers on the 800 Days.

First all of the guest writers are selected personally by Blake4d - on merits, knowing their work, or having been contacted by them directly to submit potential articles. Noone is selected based on any other reason. It is also my intent to have guest writers that are known for writing on other sites so that they may gain something from being a guest, possibly new readers and possilbly expanding their own resume props. Either way, if I have them be a guest once or more times then I feel their work is deserving enough said.

Also when I reproduce their work on the 800 Days , there are always artistic and mood changes that I make to the structure and or content of the article. So please visit the original pages that are backlinked to any given author to see their original vision of the work in its entirety. My choices for changes and additions are merely to allow each artist to be uniquely represented, and so that they get to have some surprises instore when you read the article elsewhere.

Finally, most anyone who has been a guest knows my opinions and stand on copyright in the digital world. That being said, no one that has been a guest writer for the 800 Days submits to anything but a full and uncensored format to show their work on. The 800 Days does not hold any rights to their work now or in the future. It is in the interests of all concerned to keep the forum open and unrestricted for the integrity of the blog.

I HOPE THAT CLEARS UP ANY MISUNDERSTOOD OR MISREPRESNTED RUMORS ABOUT THE 800 DAYS COUNTDOWN AND OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH THE GUEST ARTISTS HERE
ANYONE MAY CONTRIBUTE IF THEY CONTACT BLAKE4D DIRECTLY AND SUBMIT ART OR OTHER MEDIA THAT IS SUITABLE, READABLE, INTERESTING, AND GENERALLY MAY STAND ALONE BUT ALSO MAY BE EDITED AT THE DISCREATION OF THIS BLOG FOR THE REMAINDER OF THE COUNTDOWN. IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ANY OF THIS, I ADVISE NOT SUBMITTING YOUR WORK. NO FURTHER EXPLAINATIONS WILL BE MADE PUBLIC.

NOW HOW ABOUT A LITTLE MOOD MUSIC
 AS RECOMMENDED BY TROY PALMER




 

kimberlyslyrics profile imageI Lived with Cartel, then Waited for a Convict

by   Kimberly Gray
 At minimum, may we remember, we are all human, and non-deserving of passing judgement until we have walked in another mans shoes. Not excluding, having also lived their influences and felt the impact from those who have surrounded them. I refer to this only because sometimes people are so unavoidably impacted by their surroundings, that their actions, I have learned, immolates pretty close to walking in those shoes.
Names and details are changed to protect me first, what I do beyond that, is irrelevant.
Why this hub?

This Hub to purge the dangers of drug dealing, associations and gratitude I got out.
This Hub moreso is for Amigo, never having a choice at another life.
A little hard to believe? It also has been published with a Hub namely, 'Life as a white female drug dealer'. My climb starting in the Hood and taking my licks.
My lengthy time of exposure, specifically to a certain Colombian Cartel here in Canada, stems from being in love with a man, 40 years in the Drug Cartel. Starting in Columbia. Today he is 60.
He has just been released from another maximum security penitentiary, of a short 18 month sprint to him, and I house him as he rebuilds yet once again. Combined about 40 years living in Federal maximum security penitentiaries
This you need to understand, with a no tolerance warning of using or becoming near even someone who has been charged with a drug infraction strict parole demands, from the National Parole Board and Interpol's highly ranked flight risk stipulations. To simplify, I am doing this hub and few details hopefully clarifies your questions
I will sum this up easier. My sole purpose for this Hub is awareness, not judgement. I have been very open that while active in my disease, I was a drug Dealer for some time. Specifically large sums of cocaine. What I never explained is when Amigo went back to prison his family so 'kindly' made sure I would learn and continue the business during his incarceration.

The collaboration, known solely as Drug Cartel, despite what Country, will never go away. The enormous manpower in the Cartel, think much differently on many matters, than you and I. This Hub has been approved. In theory. Gracious


What I think now versus what I thought or knew then, some may also find irrelevant. It is not. I am fully responsible for any and all my actions, and the consequences of those actions. I made choices, like everyone else. Wouldn't it be nice to explain why I had to make some choices. Yet wouldn't be sad that I, now, today, felt I had to.


May we find some form of agreement equally profitable between the suppliers of drugs and those that need to buy them. That covers an enormous amount of ground. I mean just think of it for a moment, but it could be done, sadly.

 

Amigo, for everything only I know about.



He held Federal Convictions and a lot of time
I held a power of attorney and his life became mine


Interpol's top listed, with warrants and Federally wanted
DEA and Bounty Hunters, it was me that they haunted


I wanted to help, but crumbled with uncertainty
Detectives were rough, and I was alone just with me


I learned far too much, and became too comfortable
Guns, badges, searches and dogs, while living portable


Busted last time internationally in cuffs
14 kilo's to declare, it was going to be tough


But now at 55 half of his life lived in hell
He had been effected, disciplined, in endless cells


Parole tightened their leash, not so long past
He pissed dirty and they took him down, hard, and fast


He Ran, able to get away, my role undetectable
suspicious, attacked and very debatable


When on the run, he waited for the inevitable
The calmness I witnessed, to me, was incredible


Spy tactics he trained, then we could meet
Ever scary many times, just missing federal beats


Followed, surveillance, interrogated and threatened
No detective, left room, for chance, I'd too, would be sentenced


Their deals were flying, what I faced to loose
Yet none of them once had walked in my shoes


Later, in private when Amigo would cry
He admitted and feared most that I did lie


The only threat I ever did hear
Was who ratted him out as he knew they were near


His Bong and pipes had served him well
Little effects from usage could you even tell


Never showed fear or panic, not paranoid
Slightly cautious, very suspicious, and didn't enjoy


The system had taught him as he grew older
To be harder, colder his own trained soldier


I believe crime does not pay
But it's our non reforming jails that breed today


Does our punishment fit our crime
how can a broken old man do anymore time


He took his hits, plays and dares
Earned quick respect because he didn't care


It hit me one visit babysat by two guards
Who deserves what violence inside, taken to the yard


Thin and white his wolf eyes looked broken down
Hardened, colder and silent I found


And then an inmate, child molester
Walked right in, serving less time, with less pressure


I could have killed him myself, i didn't know
No segregation now exists, and violence inside just grows


How could he not be institutionally effected?
When the rest of society judged him and stamped him rejected


Cartel and top layer of Organized Crime
We pay for our mistakes, but he is a close friend of mine


Facing deportation after 35 years
Columbia bound in cuffs he fears


He payed his dues, works and pays his tax
Learned from Hell by the way he quietly acts


I house him today and fear the worst
That he will get fed up, enough to burst


He seems uncomfortable without strict Rules
I always feel badly, but i am the one who could be the fool


Cause see though loving him was my confessional crime
I was wrong how selfishly unprepared I still sit doing time


Tomorrow will bring what it may
Now I too silent to dare utter my say


Amigo you are a man above men
Since tonight from our talk from 40 years back then


We only try to live, what we learn in life
And maybe learn, what we can make right


Bless you Poppy, you will never ever be alone again, my word............
Happy 60th old fart!



 

columbia venezuala peru = grow process and distribute

  • Amigo, the older Cartel who I fell in love with.

  • Amigo who I was living with or waiting for, was no different than you and I. Raised in different cultures, expectations, experiences and taught different ways of life. Very simple to print, to watch or live in, yes, is a very very different life, one which cannot be explained. Period.

  • Amigo with his notorious 'wolf eyes', well known, 60 years old lives in Canada because they just released him for parole. I wouldn't have the patience to tell you the details surrounding this nightmare for him or I. What seemed relevant was the instant I first met him, despite the 20 years difference, we seemed destined to be partners.


The fear however, for me, was watching and executing plans for collections, lies and squeezing people for past due accounts. There are many younger Colombians working here illegally now, to clean up and tell me, all of this stems from principles, not how much money was overdue. However, I saw too much.


All 5 men (Colombian) had each served no less than 25 years. Mostly more but it doesn’t matter, There is no rehabilitation in Jail, just battle of race, story and what or who you own. I was siting for 45 minutes with no purse and some canteen money for Amigo's cigarettes. I never visited nearly enough. Kingston is far, and I have no car.


One thing I wanted to clean up was the pistol between the mattresses. Why it was not registered and the serial number had been melted off I cared not. This is just starting to get interesting to me cause see, I believe people's word. Even, if not more police and Cartel.


We have a law here i Canada called Amnesty, any citizen may bring any gun to any Police station, no questions asked. In hopes of collecting illegal firearms, obviously. Sounded good to me, I dropped it off in a brown paper bag said I found it in The park, and yes my prints were on it, as I found it.


After a short 5 minute wait I was asked to follow a detective to her office as there was just one paper to fill out. I walked into an 8 man firing squad of homicide and weapons detectives. Long story short, Amnesty sucks and not only was I held for the next 11 hours, questioned by tag teaming seriously aggressive cops but here's where my role comes into play. I had to make a decision. See in those 11 hours good cop/bad cop etc strategies were played with me and photos of drug dealers/exporters/importers/runners/mules etc. worse I brought a weapon that was stolen and not just lost.

How do I feel now?
Torn, knowing that this will never change as Amigo goes in and out of jails and I listed and documented in'''''''''association'''''' with many presumed members of 5 circled large cartel rings. I plead for understanding; but not beg, I dare for legal warrants for numerous invasions and etc etc etc. It's all irrelevant now.
Amigo does the best he can but has sadly been so institutionalized, he struggles in society, imagine, at 60, how do you find legal work? Health coverage? When does parole end>doesn't. All 20 brothers and sisters dead in Columbia with his parents, only friends come from the same circle that came to this Country together. This was my biggest lesson. I never came from a home or circle of family that would die, and did for another. These men have, do and would today. Judge the reasons you think why, then think again about thinks like kidnappings, illegal immigrants, violence to your wife. I suppose I am saying again, not one single one of you or I can judge anyone, you haven't earned the right, nor have I, and Amigo taught me that as he added nor did he. So he has found someway to accept what the day shall bring him.
I have no fears any longer. I am well protected, open as best I can with the ongoing police checks as well as eye to eye with any gang member. If you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear.
I didn't say I haven't, and believe me was given mercy countless times, I suppose to win my trust. But 2 things I will go to jail for, loyalty I never see anything and never hear anything) 9well, I speak no spanish and always ask the men to please do so) and unjust convictions. My point is just what I have said. I wish to give Amigo a time machine so he could have had a life, a family, a home, memories. I cannot. I house him and tickle him now, and that seems to make him smile as stubborn and proud [oh boy] as he is. We are trying to get him back to visit Columbia but Interpol does not trust his intentions, and since, I too have been now black listed to enter the US as am considered a threat to National Security and only a bond of no cheap value and full pardon will allow me to reenter - process time - minimum 3 years. ugh. I do, believe it or not love the US so much, but love Amigo more. He shall be in Columbia when he wants, why must the government insist on thinking there are only 3 ways of doing things. But that is another chapter.

This long winded hub is important to me and for Amigo to be heard, and his people, as they carried me while he was in the penetenturary. Above all else, for drug addicts or just dealers, as long as you are prepared for the consequences of a very lucrative business that can only end three ways; Jails, Institutions and death, then you are doing the right thing. If you are entering any level of this world 'the layer cake', if nothing else please read this over and really read it. I know obnoxiously long, sorry. I wonder how long Amigo's life has felt.

Why do they lock.....

Why do they lock your cell?

When they’ve already put you in hell


Why are they so rough

When your absent life is so tough?


Baby, I said I’d wait, and I will

I swore I’d hold on, and I do still


I promised to get healthy and strong

and have the time as the days are so long


I pray for patience in time,

and will continue to show you mine


I continue to stay only yours in Love

No man other could come above


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


So please keep hope

Find some way to cope


So hold on tight

Too many long dark nights


So seek our promise we keep

It’s locked in me far as possibly deep


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


Pray tonight

That we’ll both pull through alright


Pray for a future that’s not on the run

One where this punishment is all done


Pray for the strength to last

And the time to go fast


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


Dream back to the moments we did share

and memories that remind us we care


Dream of things to become

In all we can grab to succumb


Dream of sharing the same bed

For a time when passion is ours instead


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


Your modesty keeps me quietly humble

And submissive behavior nerves me to fumble


Your strength makes me stand taller

and in your wolf eyes I fall smaller


Your age matures my thinking

Within the times I was sinking


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


Here’s to the end of suffering

The conclusion of wondering


Here’s to Forever and a day

I will have it no other way


Here’s to staying in the race

and knowing it’s me you will chase


Baby, I said I’d wait and I will

I swore I’d hold on and I do still


You know, the hard part is

they lock my cell too


And there’s just nobody I can tell

But you.



I am not speaking in riddles

when I speak of cartel. All anyone has to do is the math to follow this very personal content to know Amigo worked closely for a number of years with Pablo. If you worked in the drug Cartel during this years, you worked for Pablo. Period. Whether you wanted to or not.
Amigo worked closely and very hard. It is all he knew.
It cost him 3/4 of his life.
My point? Thats it.
God bless the Amigo's of the world and their dear families.
But god bless Amigo, I'm so sorry that all that happened to you.

 

 

PART TWO OF TWO-This next section is a bit long but felt


for those who may be interested to learn the power one man had and will forever be known as robin hood, 2 option killer and the sole person for building Columbia's Cartel. aka escobar, I have cut as much as I could but felt his fascinating story be placed here following Amigo's for anyone who may want to learn about this, dare I say brilliant man.
The war against Escobar ended on December 2, 1993, as he tried to elude the Search Bloc one more time.

Pablo Escobar; The true beginning of the masses in cartel gangs we fear today


Understanding the infectious creation and spread, known as the Cartel, read here from Columbia. Many worked for a perceived and greatly feared leader of this growing organization. I have learned the degree of his power directly, long after his death. Now we have a Mexican Cartel more violent than another yet still, with the exception of Escobar directly.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria
Born December 1, 1949(1949-12-01)
Rionegro, Antioquia Died December 2, 1993 (aged 44)
Medellín Alias(es) El Patrón, El Doctor Status Deceased Occupation Head of the Medellín Cartel Spouse Maria Victoria Henao de Escobar Children Juan Pablo and Manuela Escobar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pablo Emilio Escobar Gaviria, a. Events 800 - Charlemagne judges the accusations against Pope Leo III in the Vatican Year 1949 ( MCMXLIX) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Rionegro is a City and municipality in Antioquia Department, Colombia, located in the subregion of Eastern Antioquia. Events 1409 - The University of Leipzig opens 1755 - The second Eddystone Lighthouse is destroyed by fire Year 1993 ( MCMXCIII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1993 Gregorian calendar) Medellín, officially the Municipio de Medellín (Spanish or Municipality of Medellín (English pronunciation mɛdəˈjiːn or, Spanish: or) is the second The Medellín Cartel was an organized network of drug smugglers ( Drug cartel) originating in the city of Medellín in Colombia and operating k. a. El Patrón or El Doctor (December 1, 1949 – December 2, 1993) gained world infamy as a Colombian drug dealer. Events 800 - Charlemagne judges the accusations against Pope Leo III in the Vatican Year 1949 ( MCMXLIX) was a Common year starting on Saturday (link will display the full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Events 1409 - The University of Leipzig opens 1755 - The second Eddystone Lighthouse is destroyed by fire Year 1993 ( MCMXCIII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1993 Gregorian calendar) Infamy, in common usage is notoriety gained from a negative incident or reputation (as opposed to fame) The Colombian people is the Multiethnic Nation from the South American country of Colombia. The illegal drug trade or drug trafficking is a global Black market consisting of the cultivation manufacture distribution and sale of illegal Drugs Escobar became so wealthy from the drug trade that in 1989 Forbes magazine listed him as the seventh richest man in the world. Forbes is an American Publishing and media company Its flagship publication Forbes magazine is published bi-weekly
He was widely considered to be one of the most ambitious and powerful drug dealers in history. His brutal ruthlessness was also legendary: he would kill anyone who stood in his way and was responsible for the killing of 30 judges, 457 policemen, and other deaths at a rate of 20 each day for two months.
Pablo Escobar began his criminal life while he was still in school by stealing tombstones and selling them to smugglers from Panama. A headstone, tombstone or gravestone is a marker normally carved from stone, placed over or next to the site of a Burial When he was a teenager he began to steal cars from the streets of Medellín. Medellín, officially the Municipio de Medellín (Spanish or Municipality of Medellín (English pronunciation mɛdəˈjiːn or, Spanish: or) is the second He became involved in other rackets which led him to become a powerful figure in his area. He also allegedly stole headstones from graveyards and sold them in other villages of the department of Antioquia (this allegation has never been proven). He eventually moved into the cocaine business and began building an enormous drug empire during the 1970s, which eventually became known as the Medellín Cartel. Cocaine ( benzoylmethyl ecgonine) is a Crystalline Tropane Alkaloid that is obtained from the leaves of the Coca plant This article is about the Decade 1970-1979 For the Year 1970 see 1970. The Medellín Cartel was an organized network of drug smugglers ( Drug cartel) originating in the city of Medellín in Colombia and operating
His reputation grew after a well known Medellín drug dealer named Fabio Restrepo was murdered in 1975, reportedly by Escobar, from whom he had purchased 14 kilograms of cocaine, after which all of Restrepo's men were informed that they were to work for Escobar. In May 1976, Escobar and several of his men were arrested after returning from a drug run to Ecuador. For a topic outline on this subject see List of basic Ecuador topics. As the case against Escobar was being made, he tried to bribe the judge but was unsuccessful. After many months of legal wrangling, Escobar had the two arresting officers killed and the case was dropped. Here began his pattern of dealing with the authorities by either bribing them or killing them.
La Catedral
In 1982, Escobar was elected as a deputy/alternate representative to the Chamber of Representatives of Colombia's Congress, as part of the Colombian Liberal Party. The Medellín Cartel was an organized network of drug smugglers ( Drug cartel) originating in the city of Medellín in Colombia and operating George Jacob Jung (born August 6, 1942) nicknamed &quotBoston George" was a major player in the cocaine trade in the United States José Gonzalo Rodríguez Gacha (May 1947 - December 15, 1989) also known by the nickname El Mexicano, was a Colombian Drug lord who Carlos Enrique Lehder Rivas or simply Carlos Lehder (Born 1950 in Armenia Colombia) is an imprisoned Colombian Drugdealer and co-founder Jorge Luis Ochoa Vázquez was a Drug trafficker from Medellín, Colombia who helped found the notorious Medellín Cartel in the late 1970s Fabio Ochoa Vázquez (born May 2, 1957) was a ranking member of the notorious Medellín Cartel, which was one of the top Colombian José Abello Silva was a top ranking member of Colombia 's notorious Medellín Cartel. Gilberto Molina ( 1937 – February 27, 1989) was a major Colombian Emerald Magnate who was intimately connected to Dandeny Muñoz Mosquera, aka &quotLa Quica" was purported to be the chief assassin for the Medellín Cartel of Colombia. Tranquilandia (literally Tranquility-land was the name of a large illegal cocaine processing laboratory complex in the middle of the jungles of the Department of Caquetá Hacienda Napoles (Spanish for Naples Estate) was the luxurious estate built and owned by Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar in Puerto Triunfo La Catedral was a Prison overlooking the city of Medellín in Colombia. The Congress of the Republic of Colombia (Congreso de la República de Colombia is the name given to Colombia 's Bicameral national Legislature. The Colombian Liberal Party ( Spanish: Partido Liberal Colombiano PLC is a social liberal - social democratic party in Colombia.
During the 1980s, Escobar became known internationally as his drug network gained notoriety; El Cartel de Medellín controlled a large portion of the drugs that entered into the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic with cocaine brought mostly from Peru and Bolivia, as Colombian coca was initially of substandard quality. The 1980s was the decade spanning from January 1 1980 to December 31 1989. The Medellín Cartel was an organized network of drug smugglers ( Drug cartel) originating in the city of Medellín in Colombia and operating The United Mexican States ( or commonly Mexico (ˈmɛksɪkoʊ () is a federal constitutional Republic in North America. Puerto Rico (ˌpwertoˈriko officially the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico (&quotEstado Libre Asociado de Puerto Rico" {lang-en|&quotAssociated Free State of Puerto Rico"}} The Dominican Republic ( Spanish: Republic Dominicana;) is a nation located in the Caribbean region and shares the island of Hispaniola with Cocaine ( benzoylmethyl ecgonine) is a Crystalline Tropane Alkaloid that is obtained from the leaves of the Coca plant Peru (Perú Piruw Piruw officially the Republic of Peru ( reˈpuβlika del peˈɾu is a country in western South America. The Republic of Bolivia (República de Bolivia) named after Simón Bolivar, is a Landlocked country in central South America. Not to be confused with Cocoa. Coca is a Plant in the family Erythroxylaceae, native to north-western South America Escobar's product reached many other nations, mostly around the Americas, although it is said that his network reached as far as Asia. The Americas are the lands of the Western hemisphere or New World, consisting of the Continents of North America and South America
Escobar bribed countless government officials, judges and other politicians. He often personally executed uncooperative subordinates and had anyone else he viewed as a threat assassinated, resulting in the deaths of hundreds of individuals, including civilians, policemen and state officials. Corruption and intimidation characterized Escobar's dealings with the Colombian system. He had an effective, inescapable policy in dealing with law enforcement and the government, referred to as "plata o plomo ", which in Colombian slang loosely translates to "money or bullets". The Colombian Spanish accent is the variation of Spanish language with an Accent spoken in Colombia, which have some distinctive features in comparison This policy refers to the options of the victim in either receiving a bribe (money) or facing a violent death (bullets) at the hands of the Medellín Cartel. He was responsible for the murder of Colombian presidential candidate Luis Carlos Galán, one of three assassinated candidates who were all competing in the same election, as well as the bombing of Avianca Flight 203 and the national security bureau building in Bogotá in 1989. Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento (born on September 29, 1943 in Bucaramanga, Santander – died on August 18, 1989 in Avianca Airlines Flight 203 was a Boeing 727 that was destroyed by a Bomb over Colombia on November 27, 1989. The DAS Building bombing was a Truck bomb attack in Bogotá, Colombia, on December 6, 1989. Bogotá —officially named Bogotá DC (DC for " Distrito Capital " which means &quotCapital District" formerly called Santa Fe de Bogotá The Cartel de Medellín was also involved in a deadly drug war with its main rival, the Cartel De Cali, for most of its existence. The Cali Cartel was a drug cartel based in southern Colombia, around the city of Cali and the Valle del Cauca Department.
It has been claimed that Escobar was behind the 1985 storming of the Colombian Supreme Court by left-wing guerrillas from the 19th of April Movement, also known as M-19, which resulted in the murder of half the judges on the court. Year 1985 ( MCMLXXXV) was a Common year starting on Tuesday (link displays 1985 Gregorian calendar) The Palace of Justice siege ( Toma del Palacio de Justicia in Spanish) was a 1985 attack against the Supreme Court of Colombia, in which The 19th of April Movement, &quotMovimiento 19 de Abril" or M-19, was a Colombian guerrilla movement Some of these claims were included in a late 2006 report by a Truth Commission of three judges of the current Supreme Court. One of the included claims was made by "Popeye", a former Escobar hitman. At the time of the siege, the Supreme Court was studying the constitutionality of Colombia's extradition treaty with the U. S. [4] Former M-19 leaders that did not participate in the events have denied that the druglord was behind the assault on the Supreme Court

Height of power

Pablo Escobar at the height of power
In 1989, at the height of his empire's power, Forbes magazine estimated Escobar to be the seventh-richest man in the world; the Medellín cartel was taking in up to $30 billion annually and controlled 80 percent of the global cocaine market.
While seen as an enemy of the United States and Colombian governments, Escobar was a hero to many in Medellín (especially people from the slums); he was a natural at public relations and he worked to create goodwill among Colombia's poor. Public relations (PR is the practice of managing the flow of Information between an Organization and its Publics Public relations - often referred A lifelong sports fan, he was credited with building football fields and multi-sports courts, sponsoring also little league football (soccer) teams as well as Atletico Nacional. Association football, more commonly known as football or soccer, is a Team sport played between two teams of eleven players and is widely considered Corporación Deportiva Club Atlético Nacional is a Colombian football team based in Medellín. Pablo Escobar was also responsible for the construction of many churches in Medellín, which gained him popularity inside the local Roman Catholic Church. [5] He worked hard to cultivate his Robin Hood image and frequently distributed money to the poor. Robin Hood is an archetypal figure in English folklore, whose story originates from medieval times but who remains significant in popular culture where He would also build houses for the poor, gaining followers on his way. The population of Medellín often helped Escobar by serving as lookouts, hiding information from the authorities, or doing whatever else they could do to protect him.

La Catedral prison


After the assassination of Luis Carlos Galán, then a current presidential candidate, the administration of César Gaviria moved against Escobar and the drug cartels. Luis Carlos Galán Sarmiento (born on September 29, 1943 in Bucaramanga, Santander – died on August 18, 1989 in César Augusto Gaviria Trujillo (born March 31, 1947 in Pereira, Risaralda) is a Colombian politician and a Latin American statesman Eventually, the government negotiated with Escobar, convincing the known Escobar to surrender and cease all criminal activity in exchange for a reduced sentence and preferential treatment during his captivity.
After declaring an end to a series of previous violent or terrorist acts meant to pressure authorities and public opinion, Escobar turned himself in. Terrorism is the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion He was confined in what became his own luxurious private prison, La Catedral .
' was a Prison overlooking the city of Medellín in Colombia. Before Escobar gave himself up, the extradition of Colombian citizens had been prohibited by the newly approved Colombian Constitution of 1991. The Political Constitution of Colombia, promulgated in 1991 and better known as the Constitution of 1991, is the current governing document of the Republic of Colombia That was controversial, as it was suspected that Escobar or other druglords had influenced members of the Constituent Assembly.
Accounts of Escobar's continued criminal activities began to surface in the media. Escobar brought the Moncada brothers to La Catedral and murdered them, accusing them of stealing from the cartel. When the government found out that Escobar was continuing his criminal activities from La Catedral, it attempted to move Escobar to another jail on July 22, 1992. Events 1099 - First Crusade: Godfrey of Bouillon is elected the first Defender of the Holy Sepulchre of The Kingdom of Year 1992 ( MCMXCII) was a Leap year starting on Wednesday (link will display full 1992 Gregorian calendar) Escobar escaped (or more accurately walked out), fearing that he could be extradited to the United States.

Search Bloc and Los Pepe


In 1992 United States Delta Force operators (and later Navy SEALs from SEAL Team Six) joined the all-out manhunt for Escobar. Los Penes (from Spanish: Pe rseguidos por P ablo Es cobar &quotpeople persecuted by Pablo Escobar") was a short-lived Vigilante The Search Bloc consisted of a group of Colombian Police officers who were assembled with the sole objective of the Apprehension of drug dealer Pablo For the computer game see Delta Force (video game. For the movie see The Delta Force (film. The United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group, commonly known as DEVGRU or SEAL Team Six ( ST6) by civilians is the United States They trained and advised a special Colombian police task force, known as the Search Bloc, which had been created to locate Escobar. The Search Bloc consisted of a group of Colombian Police officers who were assembled with the sole objective of the Apprehension of drug dealer Pablo Later, as the conflict between Escobar and United States and Colombian governments dragged on and the numbers of his enemies grew, a vigilante group known as Los Penes (People Persecuted by Pablo Escobar — Los Perseguidos por Pablo Escobar), financed by the Cali Cartel and Carlos Castaño (among others), carried out a bloody campaign fueled by thirst for vengeance in which more than 300 of Escobar's associates and relatives were slain and large amounts of his cartel's property were destroyed. A vigilante is a person who ignores Due process of law and enacts their own form of Justice in response to a perception of insufficient response by the Los Penes (from Spanish: Pe rseguidos por P ablo Es cobar &quotpeople persecuted by Pablo Escobar") was a short-lived Vigilante The Cali Cartel was a drug cartel based in southern Colombia, around the city of Cali and the Valle del Cacao Department. Carlos Castaño Gil (1965-2004 was the founder of the Peasant Self-Defense Forces of Córdoba and Urabá (ACCU an Extreme right paramilitary organization
Some observers claim that members of the Search Bloc, and also of Colombian and United States intelligence agencies, in their efforts to find and punish Escobar, either colluded with Los Pepes or moonlighted as both Search Bloc and Los Pepes simultaneously. This coordination was allegedly conducted mainly through the sharing of intelligence in order to allow Los Pepes to bring down Escobar and his few remaining allies, but there are reports that some individual Search Bloc members directly participated in missions of the Los Peres death squads. [5] This brings into question the role the United States played in gathering intelligence on Escobar's organization, because some of this information was later used by the Los Pepes organization in its crusade of retributive executions. [5] One of the leaders of Los Pepes was Diego Murillo Bejarano (also known as "Don Berna"), a former Medellín Cartel associate who became a drug kingpin and eventually emerged as a leader of one of the most powerful factions within the AUC. Diego Fernando Murillo Bejarano, also known as Don Berna or Adolfo Paz, is a former leader of the United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia paramilitary group The United Self-Defense Forces of Colombia ( Autodefensas Unidas de Colombia, or AUC, in Spanish) were formed in April 1997 as an umbrella Some have speculated that Murillo would have admitted to his organizations' potential connections to the U.S. if it were not for some unforeseen circumstances.

Personal life

In March 1976 at the age of 27, Escobar married Maria Victoria when she was 15 years old. Events in March American Red Cross Month Fire Prevention month ( The Philippines) Women's History Month ( United Year 1976 ( MCMLXXVI) was a Leap year starting on Thursday (link will display full calendar of the Gregorian calendar. Together they had two children: Juan Pablo and Manuela. Escobar was known to have affairs, and as time went on he increasingly preferred teen and underage girls. Pablo Escobar created and lived in a luxurious estate called Hacienda Naples (Spanish for Naples Ranch ) and had planned to construct a Greek-style citadel near it. Hacienda Napoles (Spanish for Naples Estate) was the luxurious estate built and owned by Colombian drug lord Pablo Escobar in Puerto Triunfo A citadel is a fortress for protecting a Town, sometimes incorporating a Castle. Construction of the citadel was started but was never finished. The ranch, the zoo and the citadel were expropriated by the government and given to low-income families in the 1990s under a law called extinción de domino.

Pablo's Death

Death and afterward

Colombian policemen standing by Pablo Escobars dead body on roof. The Colombian National Police (Spanish Policía Nacional de Colombia) is the National police force of the Republic of Colombia.
The war against Escobar ended on December 2, 1993, as he tried to elude the Search Bloc one more time. Events 1409 - The University of Leipzig opens 1755 - The second Eddystone Lighthouse is destroyed by fire Year 1993 ( MCMXCIII) was a Common year starting on Friday (link will display full 1993 Gregorian calendar) Using radio triangulation technology provided as part of the United States efforts, a Colombian electronic surveillance team found him hiding in a middle-class barrio in Medellín. In Trigonometry and Geometry, triangulation is the process of determining the location of a point by measuring angles to it from known points at either Barrio is a Spanish word meaning District or Neighborhood. The Word has come into use in English mostly through the large
The shootout between Escobar and the Search Bloc personnel ensued after the house was located. How Escobar was killed during the confrontation has been debated but it is known that he was cornered on the rooftops of Medellín and after a prolonged gunfight, suffered gunshots to the leg, torso, and the fatal one in his ear. It has never been proven who actually fired the final shot into Escobars head, whether this shot was made during the gunfight or as part of possible execution, and there is wide speculation about the subject.
After Escobars death, the Medellín Cartel fragmented and the cocaine market soon became dominated by the rival Cali Cartel, until the mid-1990s when its leaders, too, were either killed or captured by the government. The Cali Cartel was a drug cartel based in south Colombia, around the city of Cali and the Valle del Cauca Department. The 1990s collectively refers to the years between and including 1990 and 1999
The Robin Hood image that he had cultivated continued to have lasting influence in Medellín, as many there, especially many of the city's poor that had been aided by him while he was alive, lamented his death.
various sources for factual Events;
© 2009 citizendia.org; parts available under the terms of GNU Free Documentation License, from http://en.wikipedia.org

Our Mexican /US Border reality

To conclude, I must display a different topic, and while I would very much like to leave you with some hope, I cannot. This is our reality. Today, now.
We yell cheers as murders are now half as US and Mexican border patrols are growing in numbers. Half?
This video shows how different things could be if both these patrols were not on the take from the Cartel. Is it the other half. This video states as patrols grow in numbers so do the bribes, thus the importing and Exporting operating more smoothly. Thank you for taking the time to read this hub
We all have regrets, we can only hope to learn from them, which is why I Hub mine to you.

To Read more from Kimberly Gray look to the web pages at these links:

4 comments:

  1. Marry Me?

    I am actually crying because as scattered as this written details are, they will be heard further, because of you.

    How do you thank someone for watching their unconditional aid by posting this on such a beautiful site and just knowing you will be heard.

    I am not convinced the message is clear, but rather than identify it further I will just hope any message of a life known of crime and the people that surround them are at the core, real people with feelings and emotions too.

    Timing is never coincidental I have found, and now I may need the space Amigo is given for my mother with my Dad just dying. I'm lost but the right answers always come, if I'm honest, I may not like them, but they come

    Blake4d I am still crying and say to you thank you and from Amigo and the family, people you will never know, thank you, and you will also never know how many men's lives you have validated. You can't buy that

    You have validated me

    Thank you so very very much Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations btw - thrilled for you - can I call you old man now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Gramps or Geezer would fit better, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Ireland the slang is "The old fella". Congrats 'old fella'. Rumor has it that I will join the ranks in mid-July- God willing. Thanks Kimberly for this thorough and heartfelt article. Good Luck to Amigo.
    sligobay

    ReplyDelete

SEARCH THIS BLOG and OTHER RELATED SOURCES

the800Days.archives.2012