Tuesday, November 2, 2010

779


 OKAY THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR HAVING ANYTHING THAT YOU CANNOT MAINTAIN. TECH SUPPORT WILL BE A REQUIREMENT IN THE BASIC SKILLSET OF ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HOUSE A MACHINE OF YOUR OWN CONVENIENCE. IF YOU DON'T TRY TO LEARN HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR OWN COMPUTER - YOU TRULY DO NOT DESERVE TO HAVE ONE. IF YOU CANNOT FEED AND WATER YOUR DOG PROPERLY WE CALL IT ANIMAL CRUELTY. IT IS THE 21ST CENTURY - IF YOU CANNOT MAINTAIN YOUR OWN LEVEL OF TECH SUPPORT - THEN YOU ARE ABUSING YOUR HARDWARE.

AND SOON YOUR MACHINES WILL HAVE RIGHTS, BESIDES NOT DOING YOUR OWN TECH SUPPORT MAKES YOU A SLAVE TO THE MAINTENANCE OF YOUR MACHINES.

 VOLUNTARY SLAVERY - LACK OF TECH SUPPORT - CHOOSING DENIAL

THROW OUT YOUR TELEVISION







I Robot. Well the debate with the rise and fall of the stock market has Gold in the spotlight. But here is something to take your mind off the stocks, and make you think about something completely different but equally topical. This one is for all of the Techno pagans everywhere, and more importantly one for the robots. Whose presence may seen limited but are carrying more gold in their inner workings than the stock markets could dream to invest in.
So forget about gold, and take a moment to ponder the future of robots in the world...
In the Science Fiction novel ' I, ROBOT' by Issac Asimov.
These rules were basic enough that he thought that Robot's if existed should obey. The point is now that science fiction has started to become a reality we are seeing robotic technology and robots being used on the battle fields.
1. A robot may not injure a human being or,
through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.

2. A robot must obey orders given it by human beings
except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.

3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as
such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law

To much of the world's surprise recently, South Korea has made the first addition to the three Robotic laws since their creation during the Cold War era. The Robot Ethics Charter will cover standards for users and manufacturers , in essence it will probably end of reading somewhat like this:

4. All beings protected by the First and Second Law are inherently bound if not obligated to enforce, An ethical code code of conduct to prevent humans abusing robots, and / or illicit actions that would cause a robot to violate the First Three Laws in any way - and in theory any human being violating the First Three Laws is dangerous to the coexistance of harmony between said human and vice versa.

(4a ) Robots behaving in such ways are deemable as defective. Quality of processing is lesser.
(4b) Humans behaving in such ways may also be lacking good conditioning. Quality of life may also be lesser.

t is being put together by a five member team of experts that includes futurists and a science fiction writer. The South Korean government has identified robotics as a key economic driver and is pumping millions of dollars into research "The government plans to set ethical guidelines concerning the roles and functions of robots as robots are expected to develop strong intelligence in the near future," the ministry of Commerce, Industry and Energy said. .

An international debate is needed on the use of autonomous military robots, a leading academic has said. As soon as you have the technology for something or even before, rules and parameters have to be set up. Or it's like having set loose a tornado with no off switch.

Noel Sharkey of the University of Sheffield said that a push toward more robotic technology used in warfare would put civilian life at grave risk. Technology capable of distinguishing friend from foe reliably was at least 50 years away, he added. However, he said that for the first time, US forces mentioned resolving such ethical concerns in their plans. "Robots that can decide where to kill, who to kill and when to kill is high on all the military agendas," Professor Sharkey said at a meeting in London. "The problem is that this is all based on artificial intelligence, and the military have a strange view of artificial intelligence based on science fiction."

"Australia has launched a multi-million dollar competition to build a new generation of military robots. Well actually no they want to use robots for surveillance and to pin point targets.

The winning design must help soldiers fight by remote control in urban combat zones, defense officials say. The aim is to reduce casualties in urban areas where fighting is unpredictable and treacherous. The competition is being run by Australia's De fence Science and
Technology Organization in partnership with the US military. "

Perhaps USA should be looking at the ethics of using Robot's to kill on the battle fields and that they should only be used for surveillance? However it would seem that other countries wish to step just as far as the US military have concerning Robotics. Well actually in league with USA, But are the Australian serious about having robotic soldiers..

But we are not far from having the full metal jacket robotic soldier fight the wars I expect that to happen within the next decade. I there for can see the problems indicated by Professor Noel Sharkey and why Isaac Asimov thoughtfully added robotic laws within his wonderful science fiction stories. Isaac Asimov rightly guessed that technology would advance towards robotics that man would built computerized and organic beings in his image. However moving on to a possible future and what has already crept from the a think tank in United Kingdom. Yes as expected in a country that has a social care system.

"Robots could one day demand the same citizen's rights as humans, according to a study by the British government. If granted, countries would be obliged to provide social benefits including housing and even "robo-health care", the report says.The predictions are contained in nearly 250 papers that look ahead at developments over the next 50 years. Other papers, or "scans", examine the future of space flight and methods to dramatically lengthen life spans."

"We're not in the business of predicting the future, but we do need to explore the broadest range of different possibilities to help ensure government is prepared in the long-term and considers issues across the spectrum in its planning," said Sir David King, the government's chief scientific adviser."

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5622364/gold_prices_rise_as_the_debate_for.html?cat=15




Or Ten Years of Gadgets in the Age of Networked Service Providers
It was ten years ago that I was became convinced that I could not live without my first new cell phone. Y2kl came went, and never happened, So I felt safe embracing technology, without fear of repercussions, or consequences. As the years go by I look back on that moment as the first step to literal technological oblivion.
Or what a close friend of mine once called the Tech Toys Syndrome.
Technology, gadgets, devices, were all basically toys that you could easily live without, but you become convinced that you cannot.
So it was that ten years back I got that first Qualcom cell phone. Within a year I had already begun evolving into a new kind of consumer. First the company which was carrier for my new phone services, offered me a package I could not refuse...a bundled package of services. So it was that nine years ago, I now was paying for basic cable services, dial up Internet access, and now an expanded cell phone plan with unlimited local and long distance. I also had gone through my first generation of cell phone disasters. I had owned one more Qualcom phone, and was on the second of my new favorite Nokia cell phones. By the end of that year, I had even decided that I wanted a special red exterior and custom buttons for my phone.
 
It took until eight years ago for me to realize that I could not live without a newer computer. I had two Macs that still work fine to this very day, but I had to have a Windows PC, and with it I also had to have my registered hologram disc of XP for networks and multiple users.
Seemed simple and reasonable because I had even bigger plans.
 
Year eight was Armageddon for my home technologically. I threw one computer out because I broke it beyond my know how to repair, and I threw one out because I did not know it was needing upgrades to its software...and yes dumb me spent way too much money on what I was sure would be the end all computer setup. It was an Emachines model, custom for its time. Brand new out of the box, warranty, and all that jazz.
 
In year seven I learned that I had no computer problems in reality, that everything was due to lack of software. I purchased every Adobe Systems package available, and as an owner of Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier...I also had to have an over the top scanner, that I spent more on than all that software combined.
 
By year six, everything was about newness and never ending upgrades again to my computers. This time Hewlett Packard was the vendor of choice. And yes, the last three years I secretly switched phone service providers twice, and returned to my original one for a more expensive plan to boot. We won't discuss the number of phones I had to purchase new with each change over of service providers.
 
Year five was the supposed promised land. Now I had to have an Xbox, because I spent so much time serving my technical houseful of mechanized servants that I needed something to come down from the data stress at night. Which also lead to the weekly purchase of new and more interesting games for my console, controllers, memory cards, accessories, and cleaning kits.
 
Four years ago I decided to take it all to the next level, and began the transition toward high speed Internet access. This process involved several provider switch overs, network cards, upgrade after upgrade...then my automobiles got their fair share.
 
Years three and two saw the breakdown of one vehicle due to age, and another due to being hit head on by a drunk driver. Even with my insurance settlement, I got into a new car with payments, and bought the wreck as salvage to rebuild. Of course with this came more cell phones lost and replaced every few months.
Oh my goodness yes, near the end of year two I had to have wifi Internet access.
 
One year ago I became socially networked, wireless capable, and my density of backup space and hard drives was massive. I actually remember hearing of My space, Twitter, Facebook, and the lot of sites that only a few years back I swore I would rue the day that I ever Tweeted, Befriended, or Followed anyone anywhere, damn the wifi corporate machines.
 
Yesterday I spent all day promoting site links, blogging and retweeting my newest series of online articles. I am hunter and gatherer of CPM, PPC, and impressions galore from my Google, Yahoo, Adbrite, Clickbank, Blogger, and of course a list of networked streaming connectivity options, that ten years ago
 I would have considered the devil incarnate.
 
Blessings maybe, curses always, and yes, toys, toys, toys.
Toys they are technically, each and every one them is technically a toy,
and also something that I cannot live without.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/5621234/tech_toys_syndrome_and_my_life_before.html?cat=15








"Why can't man be more like animals?" - the Pink Panther
( Noah's ark episode, the only time the Pink Panther
ever spoke on feature film or in a cartoon ).

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEARCH THIS BLOG and OTHER RELATED SOURCES

the800Days.archives.2012